How to Revitalize Your Hormones – with Erin Holt from Funk'tional Nutrition
“It’s not uncommon for autoimmune issues to flare postpartum.”
What self-limiting and unhealthy patterns in your life are triggering your autoimmune issues? How are these autoimmune issues relating to your infertility?
🦩Autoimmune issues and pregnancy.
🦩Life experiences, trauma and our biology.
🦩Fuel your body appropriately with food.
🦩Regulate your nervous system to heal.
🦩Become aware of self-limiting patterns.
In this episode, we have Erin Holt of the Funk'tional Nutrition Podcast, to help us understand how to revitalize hormones for fertility health. Erin struggled with disordered eating for 13 years and even got a degree in Nutrition and Dietetics as a way to try to “fix” herself. This was before an autoimmune illness diagnosis after the birth of her daughter and discovering functional nutrition.
“You have no chance of balancing your hormones if your blood sugar is a dysregulated mess.”
We talk about how pressure on the body and a lot of negativity in your life can affect your autoimmune system, especially during pregnancy, and eventually lead to secondary infertility.
Listen in to learn how practically working on improving your physical and mental health can help revitalize your hormones.
“You cannot heal or repair anything from top to tail unless your nervous system is regulated.”
Connect with Erin: https://www.instagram.com/the.funktional.nutritionist/ & https://www.erinholthealth.com
- [1:27] Maybe something isn’t right after all – how to advocate for yourself and find healing.
- [4:10] Combining traditional human education with functional medicine.
- [7:14] How Erin’s background impacted her autoimmune during pregnancy.
- [11:23] How we’re taught to divorce ourselves from our body’s needs.
- [14:31] Get enough food to regulate your blood sugar and evaluate stress.
- [16:50] Do the practical work to improve your physical and mental health.
- [18:29] Become a better mom by becoming aware of the unhealthy self-limiting patterns.
- [18:57] More information on autoimmune health and Erin.
Let's Do This Together 💚
🦩 Download your FREE PDF guide:: 3 Step Guide to Improving Your Chances of Getting & Staying Pregnant || https://www.findingfertility.co/free3stepguide
🌺 Get Steps Closer to Getting & Staying Pregnant with the Fertility Formula:: https://www.findingfertility.co/FertilityFormula
Connect with Monica over on:
🎙 Subscribe on your favourite podcast platform:
- Apple: http://bit.ly/FINDINGFERTILITYAPPLE
- Google: http://bit.ly/FINDINGFERTILITYGOOGLEPLAY
- Stitcher: http://bit.ly/FindingFertilitySTITCHER
- Spotify: http://bit.ly/FFSpotifyPodcast
🍍Support Finding Fertility & shop for your favourite fertility-friendly products over on:
Anything written or said about health and diet are my opinions, that I have formed over the years, through trial and error, study, reading, listening and observing. What worked for me may not work for you. I am not a doctor, nutritionist or dietician and all medical advice should be gotten from a qualified professional. Product recommendations are based on what I used during my infertility journey or wish I had.