Enhancing Fertility Through Functional Medicine - Using Nutrigenomics to Solve Unexplained Infertility with Jaclyn Downs MS, CHC, CD
Sep 15, 2023
“So much of what we do years before we even get pregnant and then trying to get pregnant affects the health of our offspring, not just our children but their children and even down the line further.”
What are you doing to find the root cause of your body’s fertility issues? Have you tried getting a comprehensive analysis of your genetic variants and how some might impact your ability to get pregnant?
In this episode of the Finding Fertility podcast, we speak with Jaclyn Downs, functional fertility and nutrigenomic consultant. She helps people identify and address the root causes of impaired fertility and period problems. She discusses her book on unexplained fertility issues and the lesser-known causes of oxidative stress in functional medicine.
Listen in to learn about the limitations of traditional fertility approaches and the importance of addressing underlying causes. You will also learn the importance of personalized genetic testing in fertility and health recommendations to avoid being overwhelmed by generalized reports.
🦩 The role of genetics in fertility and functional genomics.
🦩 The importance of comprehensive genetic testing.
🦩 The overwhelming nature of genetic testing reports.
🦩 The significance of personalized supplementation based on genetic variants.
🦩 The importance of pre-conception detoxification.
“The supplementation will be there for you and work better for you once you detox and reset.”
- [02:17] Jaclyn’s book on unexplained fertility issues, the lesser-known causes of oxidative stress, and other factors affecting fertility.
- [04:48] She explains how her book focuses on the root causes of fertility issues rather than symptoms.
- [06:55] The importance of looking at the whole picture and considering environmental factors affecting gene expression.
- [09:51] Understanding the limitations of generic and contradictory health advice and the need for comprehensive genetic testing.
- [13:40] How genetic testing can inform you about the most suitable supplements and the order to incorporate them into a protocol.
- [16:23] Understanding the best way to detox your body for supplementation to work better for you.
- [18:29] Jaclyn on how to get her genetic testing kit and software and why you should get it.
- [21:11] The delay between peer-reviewed studies and the general public's awareness of the findings.
- [23:14] How toxins affect genes and enzyme production and the importance of pre-conception detoxification.
- [26:12] Why we need to be proactive in detoxification to minimize the transfer of toxins to future generations.
Connect with Jaclyn:
Listen here: Enhancing Fertility Through Functional Medicine - Using Nutrigenomics to Solve Unexplained Infertility with Jaclyn Downs MS, CHC, CD
Let's Do This Together 💚
🌺 Book Your Discovery Call Today here: https://calendly.com/findingfertility/discoveryconsultation?month=2022-10
🦩Download your FREE 3 Things that can make all the difference in helping you get & stay pregnant here: https://www.findingfertility.co/free3stepguide
Connect with Monica over on
🎙 Subscribe on your favourite podcast platform:
Anything written or said about health and diet are my opinions, that I have formed over the years, through trial and error, study, reading, listening and observing. What worked for me, may not work for you. I am not a doctor, nutritionist or dietician and all medical advice should be gotten from a qualified professional. Product recommendations are based on what I used during my infertility journey or wish I had.